Perform with accuracy and efficiency assistance to licensed pharmacists by providing medication and other healthcare products to patients. Assist with preparing prescribed medication to patients by counting tablets, labeling bottles, stocking products, providing customer service, utilizing the computer systems to maintain patient profiles and insurance claims, and checking out patients that ensures that the shift contributes to the financial interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Stock and take inventory of medications (prescription and over the counter)
- Notify Pharmacy Manager of supplies/products that need to be ordered
- Receive prescriptions/refills from patients
- Retrieve, count, pour, weigh, package and label products
- Maintain customer profiles and prepare insurance forms
- Accurately operate cash register, display cost of customer purchase, make change, cash checks, and issue receipt
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department
- Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department
- Abide by HIPPA and all legal policies and procedures
- Any task delegated by pharmacist on duty other than final verification of prescriptions and patient counseling on medications.
Degrees: High School Diploma
Job Experience: One (1) year prior customer service oriented pharmacy related experience preferred. Must have the state appropriate registration or certificaiton.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products
- Detail Oriented
- Be able to operate general retail equipment such as cash registers, telephones, copy machines, computers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.