To maintain and operate the Meat Department in an efficient manner within company policy; to ensure that the shift contributes to the best financial interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Follow established recipes to grind and tray meats and make sausage and other products
- Price, date, wrap and/or bag meat products per established guidelines using department scales
- Handle spoiled/damaged products per established guidelines
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise shelves, cases and displays; rotate fill meat, fresh meat, frozen meat and lunch meat cases.
- Notify the Meat Manager if products and supplies need to be ordered
- Receives, unloads, and stocks merchandise
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
- Practice suggestive selling tecnhiques with customers
- Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department
High School Diploma (Preferred)
One (1) year prior retail or other related experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products
- Detail Oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Meat Cutting Equipment (i.e., slicers, grinders, tenderizers, etc.)
General Retail Equipment (i.e., cash register, telephone, copy/facsimile machine, computer, etc.)
Other Retail Equipment (i.e., pallet jacks, cardboard baler, sanitation and cleaning supplies, etc.)