Maintain pricing, stocking, and rotation of merchandise in the Hardware area and to perform other functions as required in Hardware, Point-of-Sale, and Receiving, in an efficient manner within company policy, to ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
- Assist customers with location of merchandise, questions on use of our products, and prepare products for purchase.
- Operate the point of sale system (POS) to record customer's purchases and collect the appropriate payments.
- Check and verify receivables for amount, quality, count or weight, condition and store in appropriate areas
- Price and stock to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise shelves, cases and displays
- Handle damaged and spoiled products and control the level of damaged goods
- Notify the Hardware Manager if products and supplies need to be ordered
- Maintain a clean, attractive and customer-friendly department
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, preparation, use etc.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance