Stock, slice, cook, measure, weigh, package, prepare, and accept payment (if cash registers are located in department) for deli items. Maintain and operate the deli department in an efficient manner within company policy. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
- Cook hot foods, prepare and package sandwiches, special orders and other items as needed.
- Weigh, package and label products.
- Operate cash register following cashier policies and procedures (if located in the deli).
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise deli shelves, cases and displays.
- Notify the Deli Manager if products and supplies need to be ordered.
- Break down, sanitize and rebuild deli cases.
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Maintain a clean, attractive and customer-friendly department.