To operate a cash register and/or the self-checkout to provide the store's customers with the most accurate and efficient check-out service possible; may perform bagging and stocking duties to ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner
You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
- Operate cash register, display cost of customer purchase, make change, cash checks, and issue receipt.
- When necessary, bag customer purchases in a fast and efficient manner in compliance with company standards.
- Good money handling skills.
- Knowledgeable of product locations in the store in order to be able to assist customers.
- Know the Ad items, special prices, coupon deals or other features that apply to the store's sales program.
- Knowledgeable and capable of implementing all related security and cash drawer accounting procedures.
- Keep management informed of problems with pricing (not on files), cash registers or scales.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Maintain a clean, attractive and customer-friendly department.